At times, users of SBCGlobal—“the leading ‘free’ email service” run into various login problems while attempting an SBCGlobal email login, for the fact that no email service in this world is free from technical glitches and errors. However, there are some basic solutions to fix or resolve the login issues that lead to ‘Cannot log in to SBCGlobal email’ despite the biggest challenge in pinpointing the cause of the issue, as opposed to actually resolving it.
So, continue reading this blog to go through a basic troubleshooting routine in order to deal with SBCGlobal email account problem:
Solution 1: Enter Password Correctly—
As your password is case-sensitive so always make sure to turn off or turn on the ‘NUMLOCK’ and ‘CAPSLOCK’ key while entering your password. Other than this, type slowly to avoid any typing error and also ensure that you’ve not included a space before and after your actual password.
Solution 2: Reconnect/Reset Internet—
- In order to do so, click on the ‘Internet’ option from your Windows control panel and then, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab to finally select the ‘reset’ button.
- Alternatively, you can even connect with another strong network connection because a weak network also slows down your SBC Global email service.
Solution 3: Optimize your preferred Web Browser—
- To optimize your browser, go to its ‘Settings’ by clicking on the ‘Three-dots.’
- Then, from the sidebar, select the ‘Privacy and Security’ option to finally click on ‘Clear browsing data’ that clear history, cache, cookies, and more.
- Other than this, click on the ‘Three-dots’ again to select ‘Incognito mode’ to open your SBC Global email account in that private window mode.
Solution 4: Check SBCGlobal Server—
Sometimes down servers can also lead to ‘cannot sign in’ situations. So, it is recommended that you should check your email server on websites like ‘Downdetector, Outrage report, and Isitdownrightnow.com’ to know the status of the SBC Global email server. After that, if you came to know that ‘Status is down’ then, what you can do is contact your local administrator to fix it.
Solution 5: Disable any third-party antivirus or Windows Firewall—
It can be possible that any of your third party software or Windows Firewall settings is interfering with SBCGlobal email server and blocking it leading to log in issues. So, to deal with this problem, temporarily disable your third-party antivirus as well as your Windows Firewall using these steps:
- Disable Third-Party Antivirus—simply navigate from ‘Windows Settings’ and ‘Update & Security’ option to ‘Virus and threat Protection’ in order to open the antivirus program and click on its ‘Real-time protection toggle switch’ to turn it off.
- Disable Windows Firewall— press the ‘Windows logo’ key to open the ‘Start Menu.’ From there, select the ‘Control Panel’ option and under it, click on the ‘Windows Firewall’ to simply select the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ option.
Solution 6: Configure SBCGlobal Email Account in MS Outlook Email Client—
In order to configure SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook, first keep in mind that, SBCGlobal.net server location got changed to ATT.net after ATT acquired SBC Global so, enter the correct server settings (that we’ve mentioned below) otherwise, you’ll further encounter a problem while accessing your SBC Global email account in MS Outlook.
- SBCGlobal Email Server Settings for ‘IMAP Account Type:’
- Incoming E-mail Server: imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Email Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SBCGlobal Email Server Settings for ‘POP Account Type:’
- Incoming E-mail Server: inbound.att.net
- Incoming Port: 995
- Outgoing Email Server: outbound.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
That’s all about the basic troubleshooting guide to fix/resolve SBCGlobal email login issues. However, still, if you need any further assistance to deal with SBCGlobal email issues then, simply visit the website ‘Emailspedia.com.’