Are you tired of looking at boring and dull walls? If yes, then you can bring life to the bare walls by showcasing your most priceless memories. You can decorate your walls with cool and beautiful pictures of you and your family.
Hanging photos on the walls brings great energy and it gives a personal touch to your space. A photo collage is a beautiful way to preserve your special memories by combining multiple pictures into a single piece.
Photo collage is an inexpensive and beautiful style to decorate your house. Whether you want to showcase your favorite moments or highlight a specific occasion, a collage can add style to any room.
A collage lets you customize different pictures into a unique art piece with a twist of metal and acrylic collage styles. Various canvas collage ideas to transform your interior by featuring different photos are as follows:
The initial step to create a photo collage is to decide on a theme for a collage. You can make a collage with your fondest memories or with some artistic pictures. It’s all up to you what you want to display on your walls.
Here are some ideas to decide a theme for your photo collage:
- Family: If you are a family-oriented and sentimental type of person, then you can display family photographs. It is a traditional and timeless way to make your space feel lively and cozy.
- Vacation: If you are a travel lover, then you can choose photos of your vacation or blend pictures from multiple trips. It will inspire wanderlust.
- Pregnancy: If you are planning to decorate a nursery, you can consider compiling your photos from pregnancy.
- Pet Gallery: If you are a pet lover and you have a furry friend, then you can also display their moments from their life. For Example, pictures showing how much they have grown up.
Select a Color Scheme: You should wisely select the color shades. Make sure the collage looks cohesive. It is essential to choose colors properly so that pictures complement each other. A warm or cool-toned color scheme adds grace to a photo collage.
You can also pick hues from your space around and combine them with a picture collage to make it graceful. Neutral shades are riskless so try to adopt neutral colors more.
Pictures have their own aesthetic if you put them at the right spot with the perfect combination. It is important to select a style that suits your space. You must consider how much space you want to fill and how you like to display your collage.
Following are some of the popular photo collage styles:
- Simple Wall Photo Collage: Rectangular wall decoration is perfect for a simple wall. It can be placed in the bedroom, living room, bedroom, stair wall, or other places. You can easily make it and customize the grid according to your taste or the number of pictures.
- Heart-Shaped Photo Collage: Heart-shaped photo collage is a beautiful way to express the feeling of love in a limited budget. It is a unique way to make mementos of love and togetherness.
- Clock-Shaped Photo Collage: You can also decorate a wall with the custom clock. The clock is the symbol of time. You can display your best memories and show how time flies in a mode of a clock.
- Stair Wall Photo Collection: You can make the best use of the wall along with stairs by displaying your pictures on it. You can use vinyl stickers also to add a style.
While displaying the photo collage, make sure to hang it at an appropriate height. It should not be too high or too low. You must display it at eye level.
Try to place the photo collage in a perfect view for guests to admire like a classic gallery art display. For example, for creating a collage above your couch, keep 6-10 inches between the top of the couch and the lowest photo.
Photo albums are classic and timeless. There is nothing wrong with hanging your piece but think out of the box. Be innovative by trying new styles such as photo collages. This style makes a perfect interactive display and makes your best memories stay alive.